With the FI-Observer, Focus Infocom presents a new measurement product in the "economy segment" that breaks new ground thanks to its special features.
The FI-Observer is designed for the simple and cost-effective execution of measurement campaigns for data services. In contrast to crowdsourcing tools with fixed test scenarios, it enables targeted measurements of the properties of mobile networks. The measurement tool can be send by mail or downloaded from a website anywhere and then installed on local devices.
The FI Observer is based on the proven "MPSM" family and has the following key features:
- Android app for use on all devices with Android 5.0 or higher
- The installation package of the app can be configured with a customer- or project-specific scenario so that it is ready for operation immediately after installation.
- Automatic upload of measurement data to a server provided by Focus Infocom
- The user interface can be extended with customer-specific elements (e.g. logos).
- Option to upgrade to load generator operation with synchronization via server
The available service tests include upload, download (HTTP/HTTPS/FTS), web browsing, video streaming, SMS and USSD. Further tests on request.
Measurement data includes service test-specific event information, all connectivity information provided by Android (cellular and WLAN), traffic counters and GPS information. As a special feature the app captures the complete NMEA data set.
The tool set includes data processing that generates Excel®-compatible output from the measurement data, which can be directly visualized or imported into databases. As part of our "Managed Services" offer, we also create dynamic reports for Tableau® or Tableau Reader® or task-specific further analyses from the data.